From the humble beginnings right up to today……
What is the International Customer Service Centre?
The International Customer Service Centre manages all customer service enquiries, 24/7, 365 days a year in up to 15 international languages. This can be from a straight forward enquiry to something very complex. We manage the whole process from the initial enquiry to resolution. The goal is to add value, and make it as cost effective as possible. Our goal is to increase customer service standards, whilst working in complete partnership with the client. Representing the client, following best business practice, working within agreed guidelines, whilst exceeding agreed KPI’s; resulting in higher levels of customer satisfaction.
So you can focus your time and resources on your core products and services.
Reducing costs, and having more time to focus on growing your revenue: Growing your company.
No longer having the operational responsibility, but still retaining the accountability and control.
The story so far…
We started the Customer Service Centre team back in 2009, as an outsourcing pilot project for our customer. Our customer is one of the largest telecoms providers in the world.
We began with four agents, working just on the English market and supporting very basic customer requests, like password resets. Our customer then decided to outsource their current 5 centres. They believed this was the right business choice to make. These centres were in UK, Brussels, Amsterdam, Italy, and Spain.
So in June 2010 another 8 agents were added along with German support. In October 2011 the team was further expanded, including a pilot for French, Spanish and Italian support, as well as extended shift support.
In October 2013 Reading, Brussels, and the remaining Customer Service teams were closed down, with the operations moved to Ostrava. The language support was once again extended including Dutch, Swedish and remaining Italian, Spanish and German teams.
Over the next 4 years, piece by piece. the current onshore teams were migrated. The off shore team in Ostrava expanded to 25 agents, now supporting standard requests and service outages. Support was now in the 5 core languages of English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
Our biggest achievement was in June 2014 when the customer decided to outsource their full 24/7 service desk operation from Amsterdam to Ostrava. What once was said to be impossible became reality. We then supported the entire EMEA service desk for our customer 24/7 365 days a year, providing support for some of the most complex solutions in the industry (including Cloud and Managed Security Services).
In 2015 the transition of the former 5 centres across EMEA was completed with the final transfer of work from our customer. This resulted in the designated support desk, where our end customers pay for dedicated language support.
In 2009 we managed 800 unique tickets per month with an average of 2400 activities on those tickets. Now we manage an average of 36,000 unique tickets per month, with an average of 120,000 activities performed on those tickets. Activities can include all various communications to the customer ( calls, emails, live chat on the portal) change requests, opening new tickets.
Our customer had approximately 150 people working in those 5 data centres around Europe. Now we cover the same work load with 90 agents.
We support some of the biggest international and household names you might see and whose products you might use on a daily basis. Every possible industry from groceries, to manufacturing, to household products to storage is now supported from one, combined centre, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, in 15 European languages.
We also have full level 1 and level 2 business continuity plans in place. So that in case anything was to physically happen to our building; then there are plans in place to ensure that all people and data are protected, and the business can continue.
Measurement of our performance
We are part of, and independently assessed by Medallia. An internationally recognized organization that captures customer feedback via Customer Surveys called CSAT ( Customer Satisfaction).The scoring is from 1-10, 10 being the best it can be.
When we went live in October 2009 the CSAT score stood at 6.34. At the end of 2016 CSAT we achieved our highest CSAT score of 8.67. We are proud of this achievement, increasing the average CSAT score by 37%. This is well above the Industry standard.
This is one of Okin’s key strengths: Adding Value.
Our customer has benefited by having an increased level of customer satisfaction for its portfolio of International Customers, ultimately leading to repeat business.
We have simultaneously worked on the business processes, ensuring they are as efficient as possible. This has resulted in a reduction in costs whilst not compromising the quality of all services offered. All this has been done with complete transparency, working in partnership with our customer.
So to summarize
- Our approach is to work in partnership with you. This is OKIN’s core focus. Ensuring your customers – Our customers receive the best Customer Service 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Providing world class Customer Service to multi-national enterprises.
- We pride ourselves on our quality and customer first attitude.
- Providing bespoke language based technical support for some of the world’s leading multinationals.
- Through core languages such as English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Polish, Czech, and Slovak.
- Customer Satisfaction is objectively and professionally assessed on a consistent basis.
- We are proud of our 7 year track record. Increasing the Customer Satisfaction score by 37%.
- Our key focus is quality, incorporating the customers KPIs and CPIs.
- Swivel chairing into clients own systems via agreed, tried and tested processes.
- Continuous In house training and development through dedicated training resources.
- Effectively contributing, maintaining and exceeding SLA’s in line with company requirements
- Process improvement / streamlining without reduction of efficiency. We are ISO 9001, and ITIL compliant.
- We work with our client to continually improving and creating processes, resulting in improved efficiencies.
- Always striving to be better, never resting on our laurels.